Micro-moments of mindfulness at work
Losing positive connections in remote work is a real problem. When teams lose connection with one another, the team suffers. When the team suffers, the quality of their works also suffers.
Sustaining positive connections in remote teams is more important than ever. Remote work is not the same as working in person. Communication is the key to staying connected with others.
How to re-establish connections in remote teams?
Create micro-moments of mindful connections.
A brief moment of meaningful interaction will stay in people’s minds.
Meaningful interactions in a remote team will keep positive social connections alive. Companies that foster social connections have higher productivity, more resilience, and happier employees.
How to create micro-moments of mindfulness?
Intention, Breathe, and Ask
1. Set a team Intention: On the next remote meeting take time for connection. Discuss the subject of prioritizing communication and positive relationships in the remote team. Share the mindful tips from this post with your team.
2. Create a mindful micro connection: Before you turn on your laptop to begin work. Take three, mindful breaths. Do the same before you start a meeting, before you write an email, and before you stop to take a break for lunch.
3. Ask: Before starting a meeting ask attendees to take 3 mindful breaths.
Ask them the following questions:
- Where is your mind right now?
- How are you feeling?
- Take time to go around and listen to people’s answers.
Rushing in remote meetings does not promote positive connections. Micro-moments of mindfulness can be quick and simple. To stop hurrying is a choice that remote teams can make to improve workplace well-being.
Every day do your best to create positive connections with your remote colleagues. Take time to ask and listen to people’s needs. Follow up with people that are having difficulties.
“The simple act of paying positive attention to people has a great deal to do with productivity.”William Peters
What are you doing to increase positive connections at work?